The Australasian Association of Nuclear Medicine Specialists (AANMS) is the peak body representing nuclear medicine and molecular imaging in Australia and New Zealand.
The Association was formerly known as the Australian and New Zealand Association of Physicians in Nuclear Medicine (ANZAPNM).
Ordinary Members of the AANMS must be actively practising nuclear medicine, and must be Fellows of either the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) or the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR).
The AANMS has a range of objectives that include:
- promotion and advancement of the practice of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging
- the development and delivery of practice and training site accreditation programs
- research coordination
- training and CPD program development
- trainee support
- referrer education
- representation of the specialty at Commonwealth and State levels and close involvement in all matters concerning the sustainability of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging
- liaison with a range of organisations such as ANSTO and the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine (ANZSNM).
In supporting quality nuclear medicine and molecular imaging, the AANMS’s Members and Fellows follow a Code of Conduct.
The AANMS endeavours to ensure that information provided on this site is accurate and up to date. However, the information contained on this site is subject to change at any time, therefore the AANMS gives no assurance or warranty that information on this site is current, and takes no responsibility for matters arising from changed circumstances or other information or material which may affect the accuracy or currency of information on this site.
The AANMS is unable to guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via this site is free from computer viruses or other conditions that could damage or interfere with the data, hardware or software with which it might be used. Should you proceed to download and/or execute any file or program published on this site, you do so on the understanding that you assume the risks involved and absolve the AANMS of all responsibility for any consequences that may arise.
No Medical Advice
The AANMS does not answer medical questions, nor does it provide referrals to specialists.